Upcoming SPECIAL events:
Splash Pad Grand Opening
Sunday, May 31 from 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
We will be serving Schoep's Ice Cream and Oscar Meyer hot dogs to the first 250 people that show up. We will also be offering bubble games and chalk drawing space to children.
Hours and other good things to know
- Open every day 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. weather permitting. Hours are subject to change. If weather looks iffy, or you just want to be sure it's open before packing up the kids, you are welcome to call our front desk at 241-1574.
- No lifeguards on duty. Children are encouraged to have adult supervision at all times. Goodman childcare programs will be using the splash pad occasionally, too. Goodman staff cannot be responsible for unattended children.
- We will be selling Goodman sunscreen and towels for a modest price.
Picnic tables neededWe're looking for a few well-made wood picnic tables, including a kid-size table or two to have near the splash pad. If you have one you could donate, please email David Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're able to email a photo of any table you're offering to donate, that would be super helpful.
Concession stand coming
For the first time, MMSD is offering a summer enrichment course at the Goodman Community Center!
Discovering Numbers in Nature: An MMSD Summer Enrichment Course
Do you like exploring? Do you like nature? Then this FREE class is for you! Taught by a state-certified teacher, this course will feature adventure-based, hands-on activities to explore the outdoors and discover numbers hidden in nature. Stay connected to nature and math this summer!
- GRADES 3-5 Class from 8-9:18 a.m. & 10:43-noon
- GRADES K-2: Class from 9:23-10:38 a.m.
Join our Drum Circle1st and 3rd Sundays of each month
Stop by two Sundays each month for the Goodman Community Center's drum circle. Drum leader Elmore Lawson welcomes people of all ages and abilities. Feel free to bring your own drum or percussive instrument...or use ours!
- Beer & Chocolate Tasting >> May, yearly
- Thanksgiving Baskets >> November, yearly
- Holiday Gifts >> November-December, yearly
Want to help with one of the Center's special events?
Find out more about volunteering with the Goodman Community Center.