Upcoming SPECIAL events:
Food Preservation ClassesMay-June, 2014
Every Tuesday in May and June Amy Mach will be teaching classes in food preservation. Topics discussed will include: food safety, freezing, dehydration and canning. Also learn tips and tricks to make preserving at home fun and easy. You will have products to take home after each class. Suggested donation of $10 for each class to cover the cost of food. Please sign up at least one week before the class. Class size will be limited.
- May 6th - Learn to make jam from frozen fruit
- May 13th - Veggie chips, a low calorie snack
- May 20th - Freezing convenience foods, make leftovers into "planned overs"
- May 27th - Sun dried tomatoes, save money by making your own at home
- June 3rd - No sugar added strawberry jam
- June 10th - Frozen pizza, learn to make a healthy version of this "emergency dinner"
- June 17th - Pickled asparagus, learn to can this spring favorite
Family Fun Nights
An event for GCC program participants and their families, Family Fun Nights celebrate childcare programming that keeps our children safe, inspires them to learn and helps working families. These nights are activity-filled events with games, a meal and a chance to gather as a community.
For more information on Family Fun Nights and how to contribute, please contact Deenah Givens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.241.1574 x238.
1st and 3rd Sundays of each month
Join our Drum Circle
Stop by two Sundays each month for the Goodman Community Center's drum circle. Drum leader Elmore Lawson welcomes people of all ages and abilities. Feel free to bring your own drum or percussive instrument...or use ours!
- Goodman Community Center Golf Scramble >> July 21, 2014
- Thanksgiving Baskets >> November, yearly
- Holiday Gifts >> November-December, yearly
Want to help with one of the Center's special events?
Find out more about volunteering with the Goodman Community Center.
Want to reserve a room in the Center for YOUR special event?