Thanksgiving. Thousands of reasons to be grateful!
Elmside School wheels in donations
For many years, the Goodman Community Center, with your help, has provided groceries to 2,500 families across Dane County so they, too, can make a traditional Thanksgiving meal to share with their families. We can only do this because every year people like you >> families, businesses and organizations from throughout our community >> have pulled out the stops and contributed tremendous amounts of food, money to buy food, and precious time to help us organize it all. Thank you. It's a year when many families will appreciate the gift of a warm holiday meal.
Register for a Thanksgiving BasketThere are several ways to register for Thanksgiving Baskets. If you are a Dane County resident, you may register:
- Online here
- By phone at (608) 204-8020, Monday-Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- By fax at (608) 204-8021
- In person. Turn in this form at the Goodman Community Center during normal operating hours.
How to get involved
- Donate Food: LOTS of food is needed. We have a list of needed canned goods listed below. To donate food, bring your donation to our front desk (before Nov. 19) and to our gym (after Nov. 19).
- Donate Money Here: Your gifts of money help us buy the fresh foods that are included with each family's Thanksgiving groceries, including frozen turkeys, potatoes, celery, carrots, eggs, milk, butter and rolls.
- Volunteer: We still have a few volunteer shifts available and we are always looking for people to help make thank you calls.
Food drives are hugely appreciated
- Frozen turkeys* 2,500
- Vegetables 5,000 cans
- Green Beans 5,000 cans
- Fried Onions 2,500 cans
- Mac & Cheese 2,500 boxes
- Cream Soup 2,500 cans
- Fruit 5,000 cans
- Gravy 2,500 jars
- Broth, any kind 2,500 cans
- Cranberry sauce 2,500 cans
- Stuffing 1,300 boxes
- Aluminum roaster pans 2,000 pans
- We can accept donations and frozen turkeys in the Goodman Community Center gym:
Wednesday Nov. 19th 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday Nov. 20th 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday Nov. 21st 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 22 through Monday, Nov. 24 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- We'll start updating a countdown on our website so you can know what's needed most.
UW Red and White Hunger Fight
Thank you to our generous Thanksgiving Basket Sponsors
- Kraft/Oscar Mayer for donating Stove Top Stuffing for 1,200 families
- Schoep's Ice Cream for keeping turkeys frozen for us so you can donate them any time starting November 18.
- Quaker Stake and Lube for donating a portion of their proceeds on November 10.
- Bunky's Cafe for partnering with us to promote Thanksgiving Basket Food Drive.