Thanksgiving. Thousands of reasons to be grateful!
Elmside School wheels in donations
For many years, the Goodman Community Center, with your help, has provided groceries to thousands families across Dane County so they, too, can make a traditional Thanksgiving meal to share with their families. We can only do this because every year people like you >> families, businesses and organizations from throughout our community >> have pulled out the stops and contributed tremendous amounts of food, money to buy food, and precious time to help us organize it all.
Our 2015 Thanksgiving Basket DriveThe Goodman Community Center's Thanksgiving Basket program has become a tradition in Madison for the last 27 years, thanks generous community support. Last year, we were able to provide full and partial baskets to all 3,000 families that registered. This year, we expect the need to be just as great.
Our T-Basket program is the largest in Dane County that offers all the groceries needed to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving meal at home.
How to be a part of it:
- Donate food. LOTS of food is needed.
- Donate money . Your gift of money help us buy the fresh foods that are included with each family's Thanksgiving groceries, including frozen turkeys, potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, eggs, milk, butter and rolls.
- Become a corporate sponsor.See below for more information .
- Organize a food drive! See below for more information
- Volunteer. Contact Kate Katzban-Beren at email@example.com to volunteer.
Become a Corporate SponsorPromote your company alongside this feel-good campaign by having your name or logo on the many promotional materials distributed in October and through the huge thank you published in the January-February issue of the Eastside News.
Read more about our sponsorship levels and download our corporate sponsorship form.
Organize a Food Drive
- Host a drive through your place of worship, organization or club.
- Hand out grocery lists and bags to your co-workers or friends.
- Create a contest! Offer pizza or another fun prize for the department or group that generates the most donations.
We'll email you when your food drive kit is ready to be picked up at the Goodman Community Center (note: This is NOT Thanksgiving Basket registration)
Nonperishable items needed to fill 3,000 baskets:We will start accepting food drive donations on Tuesday, Nov. 17 in the GCC gym. Thank you for contributing food!
- Frozen turkeys >> 3,000
- Vegetables >> 6,000 cans
- Green Beans >> 6,000 cans
- Fried Onions >> 3,000 cans
- Mac & Cheese >> 3,000 boxes
- Cream Soup >> 3,000 cans
- Fruit >> 6,000 cans
- Gravy >> 3,000 jars
- Broth, any kind >> 3,000 cans
- Cranberry sauce >> 3,000 cans
- Stuffing >> 3,000 boxes
- Aluminum roaster pans >> 3,000 pans
Are you hoping to receive a Thanksgiving Basket?
Please download our Frequently Asked Questions document .
Contact If you have questions about the Thanksgiving Basket program, please contact Jon Lica at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-204-8049.
UW Red White Hunger Fight
Wisconsin Athletics is proud to continue its strong tradition of fighting hunger in the community. Since its implementation seven years ago, the Red White Hunger Fight has represented the culmination of hundreds of individuals uniting to give back to the community.
This year, the Red White Hunger Fight has joined efforts with the Goodman Community Center to best serve the needs of our community and ensure that all families can enjoy a warm Thanksgiving meal.
In addition to partnering with UW's Red White Hunger Fight, we're also establishing partnerships with iHeartMedia and WISC-TV/Channel 3000 to help spread the word about the incredible need families face during the Thanksgiving season.
This year, we'll be partnering with local businesses to help raise funds to feed 3,000 families. Check back soon for more details.