Thanksgiving. Thousands of reasons to be grateful!
Elmside School wheels in donations
For many years, the Goodman Community Center, with your help, has provided groceries to 3,000 families across Dane County so they, too, can make a traditional Thanksgiving meal to share with their families. This year, we have seen a much greater community need and have registered 500 more families than last year. You can help in many ways. Please consider donating food or money to help us meet this incredible need.
How to get involved
- Donate Food: LOTS of food is needed. We have a list of needed canned goods listed below. To donate food, please bring donated food to our gym.
- Donate Money Here: This year, the need for your support is even greater. We have had 3,000 families register for a Thanksgiving Basket--500 more than in previous years. Your gifts of money help us buy the fresh foods that are included with each family's Thanksgiving groceries, including frozen turkeys, potatoes, celery, carrots, eggs, milk, butter and rolls.
- Volunteer: We still have a few volunteer shifts available and we are always looking for people to help make thank you calls.
Canned Food Countdown!
What's needed to fill 3,000 baskets:
- Frozen turkeys 200
- Fried Onions 800 cans
- Mac & Cheese 1,000 boxes
- Fruit 1,200 cans
- Gravy 2,000 jars
- Broth, any kind 1,000 cans
- Cranberry sauce 2,000 cans
- Stuffing 750 boxes
- Aluminum roaster pans 800 pans
- Wednesday Nov. 19th 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday Nov. 20th 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday Nov. 21st 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 22 through Monday, Nov. 24 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
How do I know if I'm receiving a Thanskgiving Basket?
All families and individuals who submitted a registration form should have received a postcard stating whether or not they will receive a Thanksgiving Basket. If you believe you have registered and have not received a postcard, please contact Amy Mach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-204-8027.
"Sponsor a Thanksgiving Basket" next time you visit Bunky's CafeYou can make your donation to the Goodman Community Center's Thanksgiving Basket program at Bunky's Cafe, 2425 Atwood Avenue. With your $30 donation, your name will be posted at the restaurant as a supporter, and your gift will go directly to purchasing items the Center needs to provide 1,000 Thanksgiving Baskets to area families. The more donations that are received, the more families that will be helped! Bunky's Cafe has been a part of the Center's Thanksgiving Basket program since 2005. What great neighbors they've been!
Donate to our Thanksgiving Baskets next time you shop at the Jenifer Street MarketOur friends at the Jenny Street Market make it easy. Next time you buy groceries, just tell them to add any amount to your total and they will give your donation to the Center. Donate a dollar, ten or one hundred dollars >> we appreciate every contribution that makes it possible for us to provide 1000 families with all the fixings to make a holiday meal to enjoy with their families.
UW Red White Hunger Fight
Wisconsin Athletics is proud to continue its strong tradition of fighting hunger in the community. Since its implementation seven years ago, the Red White Hunger Fight has represented the culmination of hundreds of individuals uniting to give back to the community.
This year, the Red White Hunger Fight has joined efforts with the Goodman Community Center to best serve the needs of our community and ensure that all families can enjoy a warm Thanksgiving meal.
If you live outside of Dane County, want to contribute to your local food pantry and still support the Goodman Community Center?Just click the
Thank you to our generous Thanksgiving Basket Sponsors
- Kraft/Oscar Mayer for donating Stove Top Stuffing for 1,200 families
- Schoep's Ice Cream for keeping turkeys frozen for us so you can donate them any time starting November 18.
- Quaker Stake and Lube for donating a portion of their proceeds on November 10.
- Bunky's Cafe for partnering with us to promote Thanksgiving Basket Food Drive.