Women of Worthington
To have a community of women who support and nurture one another and their community.
- Create a sisterhood where women come together to grow, learn from and support one another.
- Develop emerging female leaders to be confident and competent in their natural skills and strengthen their areas of needed growth as they grow gracefully and with confidence into leadership positions.
- Create and promote a safe community for all to live in.
We strive to create a space for women where we honor:
- Confidentiality: What is said here stays here. We do not gossip or try to bring one another down. We uplift therefore keep things confidential.
- Supportiveness: All of us are more able to walk in this world positively with our heads held high when others walk with us and encourage us.
- Authenticity: We desire and encourage genuine, honest, heart-to-heart sharing; and care enough to lovingly speak the truth.
- Compassion: We try to be present for one another; and, It is in the times of deep crisis, grief, and doubt that we need each other the most. That’s when we try to be there most for one another.
- Community - We respect differences, and strive to be considerate of each other’s feelings, and be patient with everyone. We want to build a strong community
We accomplish our goals through:
- Empowerment: Support, encouragement, education and training, in a community of women, can enable us to take charge of our lives and become agents of change as we advocate for ourselves, our families and our community.
- Inclusiveness: We believe that diversity strengthens and enriches every aspect of our lives.
- Collaboration: We will actively seek meaningful and productive partnerships with our neighbors, area service providers and other organizations to strengthen our mission and goals.
Time Out for Me
- How to figure out what you need vs. what you want
- Spending quality time on yourself so that you can be better for others
- How to be selfish – or is that healthy - with your time and energy
- Parenting skills
- Community building
- Communication and building collaborations
The Valuable You
- Knowing your value, sub-conscious programming
- Rewrite your bio or story
- A look at your past, list your accomplishments
- Your language: stop waffling, conditional words, act as if
Get Out There
- What community service can entail
- Holistic leadership (women are good at)
- Random acts of kindness
- Pulling others in
Being sick and tired
- What depletes you
- What restores you
- Managing Change
- Reactions to change
- The cycles, predicting up and down
- Where loss comes in, replenishing loss
Managing your mood
- Managing states of mind
- What to do with the blues
- How to get unmet needs met
Being more Creative!
- Sparking innovation and creativity
- Trip to Dream Bank
What trust gets you?
- Elements of trust
- Ways to build it
- Listening to negative self-talk, can tear down relationship
- Assessing what you do well
- Time management what’s working and what’s not
- How to manage you and your family more effectively
- Urgency vs importance
- What does prosperity mean to you
- Your financial picture and how to improve it
- Rethinking your path to prosperity
- The personality of a meeting
- Great ground rules