Job Classification: Full-time 40 hours/week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Reports To: Chief Development Officer
- Donor Relations and Stewardship (50%)
- Wealth screen current and prospective donors and assist in evaluation of prospect readiness and capacity for making a major gift.
- Implement all prospect research requests, using Wealth Engine, Google, and any other available tools and databases.
- Support the development team in expanding and stewarding donor giving groups, including but not limited to Give Every Month, Women of Impact Giving Circle, and Legacy Circle.
- Prepare materials for and assist with donor-related events and meetings.
- Help create and maintain systems for donor stewardship and engagement.
- Communicate with donors in person, by email, or over the phone regarding their gifts, preferences, and contact information, or to support the development team.
- Gift Entry and Acknowledgment (25%)
- Enter online and cash and check donations daily, ensuring accuracy in every ERP gift record
- Merge information from the ERP into existing donor acknowledgment letters daily, forwarding acknowledgments to the CDO and Corporate Giving Manager, highlighting donor behavior and/or trends as appropriate.
- Print and mail all acknowledgments for Community Givers, highlighting donor behavior for the Assistant Director of Communications and Annual Giving as appropriate
- Donor data analysis (25%)
- Prepare donor lists for events, appeals, mailings, annual giving campaign, and capital campaign, including major donor and planned giving prospects.
- Manage outstanding pledges and matching and recurring gifts.
- Provide data for and assist with development metrics for annual and special appeals and
- Analyze donor data to support donor engagement and stewardship efforts and determine potential for increased engagement and gifts.
- Research trends in giving within GCC, locally, nationally and make recommendations to build capacity and reach.
- Provide reports for the development team, CEO and Executive Director, development committee, and/or board.
- Engage vendors to screen donor database regularly to ensure GCC has the most up to date contact information.
- Ensure gift recording policies and procedures are updated as needed.
- Support the communications and annual giving efforts through donor segmentation and group/community research and prospecting.
- Two years of related experience in fundraising or customer service with preference given to those with an understanding of nonprofit fund development.
- Experience with data management and analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with grant writing and grant reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills, especially with email, web browsing, and Microsoft products.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to initiate and complete tasks accurately and on-schedule.
- Ability to be flexible with work flow and tasks.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to GCC’s mission of strengthening lives and securing futures.
- Commitment to GCC’s values: Community, Equity, Integrity, Respect, and Growth.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for events, special projects, and during peak periods as required.
- Ability to embrace change in a work environment.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
- Frequent use of computer, including data entry.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.