Job Title: Assistant Director of Event Management
Date Created: April 13, 2021
Job Classification: Full Time 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt position
Job reports to: Director of Hospitality & Facilities Services
- Respond to all catering communication and referrals within 48 hours. Meet with customers to review catering order, schedule service and address issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Confirm final details of each event a minimum of 72 hours before their event.
- Coordinate and supervise the proper set-up, execution, food and beverage service and clean-up of catering events.
- Ensure customer needs and contractual obligations are met during events.
- Ensure that catered USDA meal service delivery and food production meets all requirements and standards
- Work with the TEENworks staff to train, schedule and support teens working in WCC.
- Assist Facility Use Manager with creating, maintaining, communicating and enforcing rental & catering policies and procedures.
- Work with the Communications staff to market and promote Working Class Catering to the community. Promote Working Class catering both in-house and off site.
- Work with the Finance department to create weekly final invoicing.
- Assist head bartender with the management of beverage services including:
- Train, schedule and supervise Bartenders.
- Ensure all operator licenses are current.
- Maintain inventory.
- Ensure the necessary procedures of alcohol beverage service & storage are always followed.
- Enforce the alcohol beverage laws, drunk driving laws, minimize and maintain the safety of customers of the Center and the community.
- Set up and ensure proper closing out of cash drawer.
- Supervise and schedule catering cooks/chefs, and communicate menu and event details.
- Provide catering chef with ingredient and supply needs for ordering. Coordinate food prep and storage needs.
- Provide weekend Manager On Duty (MOD) supervision.
- Provide clear directions and mentor teens and support their ongoing success with prompt and constructive feedback.
- Help supervise student workers, dishwashers, and volunteers during events.
- Adhere to and train others on safety, nutrition, food handling, personal hygiene and sanitation requirements of the Center’s Program policies, licensing and USDA requirements.
- As needed assist in the preparation of food.
- Approve all time off requests and work with staff to coordinate any scheduling changes.
- Provide each staff with timely evaluations in accordance to GCC policy.
- Participate in development and fundraising activities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- At least 1 year of catering sales and beverage management experience.
- Ability and desire to work with and train diverse teen population.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, customer representatives and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Basic food prep and cooking skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Word, & Excel.
Special Position Requirements:
- Calm and instructive demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, ability to supervise effectively.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand, reach and bend throughout catering shift.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to be flexible and available to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and weekends.
- Hold a valid City of Madison Operator’s License.
- Experience coordinating and executing large events (corporate functions, private parties, weddings)
- Experience working with staff, volunteers and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to employing minors.
- Knowledge of state and federal minor employee laws.
- ServSafe certified.
- City of Madison’s Restaurant Manager license & Bar Service license.