Job Title: Manager On Duty
Job Classification: Part-time weekends 8 hour shifts (Saturday and Sunday)
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Job reports to: Director of Hospitality and Facilities Services
- Communicate with people at all levels in a positive way
- Must be extremely punctual, organized, accurate, reliable, and diligent in meeting deadlines
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must demonstrate discretion as confidentiality is imperative
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility
- Direct and lead emergency responses according to GCC emergency procedures
- Must demonstrate and able to work with unruly, impolite or out of control visitors in a pleasant but firm manner
- Notice and remedy unsafe conditions
- Ensure all doors to rooms not in use are locked at all times
- Give tours to prospective or new members
- Know and enforce guidelines in age and training in restricted areas
- Refill/restock sanitizing wipes, sanitizing spray bottles, hand sanitizer, soap, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. as needed
- Familiar with the proper use of all equipment—cardio, strength, and free weights. If no trainer is present it is your responsibility to assist members
- Set up, breakdown, maintain and store gym equipment (nets, tot-toys, bouncy house, etc.) for events
- Make rounds of the entire facility throughout shift which includes a walk-through of the gym and fitness center during weekend open hours
- Ensures the weekend cleaning vendor accomplishes assigned set up, break down and clean up tasks
- Support staff in performance of their duties and ensure performance and quality standards are maintained. Staff include Front Desk/Reception, Hospitality/Catering, Custodial and other on-duty staff
- Assist with setup, breakdown, and clean up after meetings, and other events as needed
- Assist Front Desk staff to enforce Facility-use Guidelines and respond to facility renter, participant and staff needs
- Respond to emergencies, incidents and accidents according to GCC procedures and to ensure that incident/accident reports are completed
- Keep personal Hard copy of Procedure Manual current as updates are distributed; keep all passwords for systems secure and confidential
- Report any urgent building maintenance issues to Maintenance Manager and Director of Hospitality and Facilities Services
- Knowledge of first aid procedures and able to administer basic aid as needed
- Monitor Splash Pad and other outdoor spaces of Goodman Community Center
- Dress appropriately for the position—neat and clean, no holes, no logos (except GCC), name badge and closed-toe shoes. Body arts should be covered while on shift to avoid conflict with the mission of the GCC.
- Serve as a good-will ambassador for the Goodman Community Center with social acumen, pleasantry greeting and ability to escalate clients’ questions as needed
- Monitor and maintain floors against slick spots that are created by wet weather and spills
- Beable to open or close the facility as needed
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience in supervise a diverse team of staff and volunteers
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately on a computer using our software tools as needed
- Ability to support management and philosophies of the Goodman Community Center
- Ability to seek to help in any way you can
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to assist with snow removal in icy and snowing weather
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand, reach and bend throughout catering shift.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to be flexible and available to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and weekends.
- Experience working with staff, volunteers and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to employing minors.