Job Title: Catering/Event Coordinator
Job Classification: Full Time 30 hours per week
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Job reports to: Assistant Director Event Management
- Respond to catering inquires and referrals within 48 hours. Meet with customers to review catering orders, schedule service and address issues and/or problems to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Help respond to customers inquiring to rent space for private events, parties and weddings:
- Answer scheduling requests and facility use questions.
- Conduct walk thru or tours of the facility.
- Collect rental fees and deposits.
- Communicate facility use procedures and guidelines.
- Provide set-up and equipment needs to Front Desk and Custodial staff.
- Provide assistance to renters as needed.
- Greet and welcome customers and guests and respond to their requests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Create sales orders/estimates and send out invoices for event services.
- Ensure customer needs are met during events. Communicate any needs or problems shared with you to Catering Manager.
- Confirm final details of assigned events a minimum of 72 hours before their event.
- Coordinate and supervise the proper set-up, execution, food and beverage service and clean-up of catering events assigned.
- Ensure customer needs and contractual obligations are met during events.
- Help manage beverage service including:
- Train and help supervise Bartenders.
- Maintain inventory.
- Ensure the necessary procedures of alcohol beverage service & storage are always followed.
- Enforce the alcohol beverage laws, drunk driving laws, minimize and maintain the safety of customers of the Center and the community.
- Set up and ensure proper closing out of cash drawer.
- Provide Catering Manager with ingredient and supply needs for ordering. Help coordinate food prep and storage needs.
- As needed assist in the preparation of food.
- Work with the TEENworks staff to train, schedule and support teens working in WCC. Provide clear directions and mentor teens and support their ongoing success with prompt and constructive feedback.
- Supervise student workers, dishwashers, and volunteers during events.
- Assist operations team with creating, maintaining, communicating and enforcing rental & catering policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safety, nutrition, food handling, personal hygiene and sanitation requirements of the Center’s Program policies at all times.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of catering and beverage service experience.
- Ability and desire to work with and train diverse teen population.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with employees, vendors, customer representatives and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Basic food prep and cooking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, & Excel.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand, reach and bend throughout catering shift.
- Available weekends and evenings.
- Experience working with staff, volunteers and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to employing minors.
- Knowledge of state and federal minor employee laws.
- ServSafe certified.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- City of Madison’s Restaurant Manager license or ability to obtain one