Job Classification: Part-time/Full-time
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Job reports to: Assistant Director of Food Resources/Program Kitchen Manager
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Wash pots and pans by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in proper storage areas.
- Help pick up food carts and bring to the dishwashing area.
- Clean food carts and reset them with clean dishes for the next meal.
- Remove trash to outside holding area or if full take to the dumpster daily.
- Stock food once delivered in a FIFO method, with rotating food supplies, help unload food deliveries and properly store food.
- Fill and empty designated soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sort mismatched dishes that are sent to the dish area. Return dishes to their normal locations.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Follows procedures for preventative maintenance and operation of dishwasher.
- Report any necessary equipment repairs to supervisor or Building Maintenance Manager.
- Support the training of student employees, and volunteers in the safe and proper use of equipment and supplies and required cleaning tasks.
- Follows basic cleaning procedures and proper use of chemicals. Participate in the SDS training. Follow all Safety Data Sheet guidelines.
- Clean kitchen equipment as needed.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties as assigned in support of kitchen services.
- Working with staff to fill out and complete tasks on cleaning checklist daily.
- Previous dishwashing or custodial experience.
- Ability to stay focused on accomplishing set daily tasks and follow through on requests.
- Basic computer skills- email.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Good customer service skills.
- Willingness to accept direction, advice and work as part of a team.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for 25% of shift.
- Ability to push equipment up to 250 pounds.
- Good communication skills to interact with all staff, volunteers and community members and ability to communicate effectively regarding the particular cleaning needs and requirements of various programs.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude toward providing a clean, attractive, healthy and safe environment.
- Ability to stand and work upright for entire scheduled shift, occasional need to stand on step stool or ladder.
- Ability to continuously operate necessary cleaning equipment (mechanical as well as manual equipment), including but not limited to dishwasher, mop, mop bucket, etc.
- Experience training others in dishwashing or custodial duties.