- Work with the CEO to design and implement an effective organizational development plan that promotes vibrant leadership through staff development and engagement. Provides ongoing coordination and maintenance of the program.
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practice.
- Assess the needs of the organization and evaluate staff in order to provide effective training programs that enhance the performance of the organization.
- Participates in the strategic planning process and partners with the Senior Leadership Team in the prioritization and implementation of human resource strategic objectives.
- Manage the center’s CQI SMART goal annual performance management program.
- Participate in annual budget process and manage the centralized professional development and employee appreciation budgets.
- Develop recruitment strategies that attract a diverse and top level candidate pool. Build partnerships to reach more diverse and qualified applicants and manage position postings internally and externally.
- Supervise the HR Generalist/Assistant in implementation and management.
- Supervise HR Generalist/Assistant work with department leadership to develop and update job descriptions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and ensure compliance with federal, state, county, city accreditation and state licensing regulations concerning employment.
- Supervise the completion and analysis of background check and driving records and take any necessary action or follow-up.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate up to date personnel files and proper record retention and storage.
- Manage affirmative action plan serving as Affirmative Action Officer: file required reports, ensure records are maintained and center policies and practices follow EEO regulations.
- Supervise the management of FLMA benefits and claim processing. Train supervisors on accountability and employee rights.
- Manage the HUB investment committee looking after employee's investments in their 4O1K.
- Partner with HR Servicers vendor to evaluate benefit offerings and compensation policies. Provide effective communication of the information to the Senior Leadership Team and involve the Senior.
- Leadership Team in the planning process.
- Ensure all ACA, EEO-I and other compliance reporting are completed timely and accurately.
- Supervises the management of unemployment, worker’s compensation claims and OSHA requirements.
- Respond to any employee complaints and partner with HR Services Vendor when conducting investigations. Report finding and recommendations to the COO and CEO.
- Collaborate with HR Services partners on projects. Example; Review of the Employee Policy Manual, Salary Compensation Model, Comp statements, etc.
- Effectively communicate changes in Center’s HR policies and procedures to staff. Conduct trainings as necessary.
- Work with the board's HR/OD Committee to set and execute committee agendas. In collaboration with HR/Organizational Development Committee make recommendations to the Board of Directors for improvement of center’s policies, procedures, and practices on HR matters.
- Actively participate in all Board meetings and Senior Leadership Team meetings.
Participate in program special events, development and fundraising activities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related degree.
- A minimum 5 years HR management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Organized, ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Process development and improvement skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to administer policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in MS Office and possess working knowledge of human resource management systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to maintain effective and respected work relationships with other staff, board of directors and the general public.
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of staff, volunteers, partners and customers.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) credentialed.