Full-time Hourly/40 hours
12 month position
Job Reports to: Program Manager - Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education program at Goodman Community Center (GCC) is a place for young children 3-5 years of age to learn and grow in a safe and encouraging setting. Staff work as a team to guide the development of children as they learn in an environment of discovery and play. Co-Teachers collaborate with the 4K Teachers and other classroom teachers in organizing, supervising, and implementing early childhood educationprogramming that supports the goals of GCC’s programming for children.
- Ensure all children in program are tracked according to GCC expectations.
- Provide activities and opportunities that allow children to learn through play encouraging curiosity, exploration, and problem solving in a mixed aged classroom setting.
- Create opportunities that introduce math and literacy concepts using a variety of approaches.
- Support children in their social-emotional development using multiple approaches including Conscious Discipline and positive guidance techniques.
- Key into milestones children achieve, take notes, and log them according to Creative Curriculum expectations.
- Support physical activity and nutrition education efforts by assisting with SPARK physical education activities, creating nutrition and healthy eating opportunities, and ensure time is allowed for children to be active multiple times during the program day.
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment and complete daily tasks assigned.
- Collaborat with the 4K Teacher with lesson planning, schedule implementation, supervision, and classroom management while supporting developmentally appropriate practices as well as program goals.
- Provide a supportive environment in which children are encouraged to participate both as individuals as well as members of a classroom community.
- Support regular cleaning of materials and classroom spaces.
- Maintain classroom organization and rotate materials on a regular basis.
- Create a culturally inclusive classroom with activities that support different cultures and backgrounds.
- Buildpositive relationships with preschool families and encourage an open-door classroom experience for all.
- Maintain daily, open communication with parents and utilize various approaches to ensure child achievements are regularly shared and celebrated.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences and parent meetingsto discuss children's developmental progress, needs and interests.
- Support program orientations, open houses, and family events as planned throughout the year.
- Communicate child concerns and family needs to the ECE Program Manager.
- Follow policies and procedures of Goodman Community Center’s early childhood educationprogram.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations and City of Madison accreditation standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and quarterly childcare meetings.
- Meet once a week with co-teachers to review plans for the following week and discuss additional classroom needs/concerns.
- Execute lesson plans and ensure all materials needed are accounted for.
- Collaborate with the 4K Teacher with individual child assessments throughout the school year using strategies such as child observations, collecting ofwork samples, and taking pictures.
- Respect confidentiality of GCC families and staff.
- Attend continuing education trainings to complete required hours.
- Keep accurate record of trainings and timesheet.
- Check email at least 3times each week and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Experience working in a preschool setting.
- At least a CDA Credential or preferably an associate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development or equivalent, or a baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, or a degree in a related field with course work specifically related to early childhood education.
- Familiarity with State of WI Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations and City of Madison Accreditation Guidelines.
- Familiarity with Creative Curriculum and/or Conscious Discipline.
- Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to drive a 15 passenger van with children as passengers.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.