Overall Duties: Assist Girls Inc.Program Manager with responsibilities such as management of Girls Inc. programs, event planning, provide training support, and data collection.
- Cover program needs when outreach staff are unable to be present in program.
- Develop and train Outreach staff on policies and procedures for Girls Inc. outreach sites.
- Coordinate communication with outreach program staff and program partners including scheduling, meeting logistics, and maintaining program materials.
- Coordinate program planning with GCC Positive Youth Development and the Experiential Learning Cycle.
- Coordinate data collection, dissemination and tracking of consent/assent forms and participant demographics of Girls Inc.Outreach sites.
- Develop and maintain school and community partner communication to maximize success
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Girls Inc. orientationsand professional development trainings as needed throughout the year.
- Attend and participate in center wide staff meetings and center sponsored events.
- Support affiliate-wide outreach events (Ex: International Women’s Day dinner, Speed Mentoring,youth and family engagement events, and job shadowing opportunities).
- Gather content from sites to include in Girls Inc. of Greater Madison e-newsletter and weekly social media posts.
- Assist in preparing reports and coordinating collection, dissemination and tracking of consent/assent forms and participant demographics
- Collaborate with GIGM Program Manager to create program evaluation tools to assess the quality of Girls Inc. programming at all Girls Inc. sites.
- Maintain files from Girls Inc. of Greater Madison sites and ensure all required paperwork and other permissions and approvals are on hand, as needed throughout the year.
- Collect and enter weekly attendance from all Girls Inc. sites and ensure that attendance is properly entered in TransSolutions program.
- Develop systems to ensure that attendance information is properly entered monthly
- Train volunteers to support data entry as needed.
- Attend/participate in all Girls Inc. and Girls Inc. National program meetings, trainings, webinars, and professional development activities as requested by Girls Inc. Outreach Program Manager.
- Keep track of inventory of GI marketing items; reorder when appropriate.
- Participate in planning and implementation of GCC wide family engagement programming.
- Maintain assigned youth’s files and ensure all required paperwork and other permissions and approvals are on hand, as needed throughout the year.
- Assist with adherence to standards and ensure the quality of program meets all contract or grant obligations.
- Participate in required continuing education hours and professional development opportunities.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of monthly family events, program orientations, and center-wide events as planned throughout the year.
- Support a high-quality volunteer management program by supporting and training volunteers and by communicating volunteer needs and feedback to the volunteer coordinator.
- Direct services program experience working with middle school and/or high school age youth.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
- Experience creating and implementing trainings for adult learners.
- Strong verbal and written communication, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prior work with youth of color and/or youth with limited access to resources.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, and use Outlook email/calendar, and Microsoft Office Suite to communicate and perform daily tasks.
- Entry level data recording and reporting skills.
- Ability to develop project management tools and processes.
- Ability to work as a team and maintain a positive work environment, support staff and enforce center/program policies consistently.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to GCC’s mission of strengthening lives and securing futures.
- Commitment to GCC’s values: Community, Equity, Integrity, Respect, and Growth.
- Previous experience working in a “startup” environment, or with a newly developed program
- Previous experience working in gender-specific programming.
- Program and event planning experience.
- Experience implementing prevention and educational programs including evaluation and fidelity protocols.
- Positive Youth Development program knowledge and philosophy.
- Able to lift 10lbs
- Able to stand long periods of time
- Able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
Special Position Requirements:
- Access to reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and good driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends in addition to business hours.
- Willingness to drive 15 passenger van.