Term: September 13, 2021 – Aug 31, 2022
Schedule Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours/week
Reporting to: Volunteer Manager
- Volunteer Coordination:
- Maintain current listings of open volunteer positions on the GCC and external websites.
- Conduct applicant screening process via in person or phone interviews.
- Conduct background & reference checks.
- Host volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records.
- Support volunteers throughout all center programs (early childhood, youth, older adults, food pantry, special events) with emphasis on food pantry and older adult programs.
Assist with organization of large-scale center-wide events that require multiple volunteers such as Thanksgiving basket drive and International Women’s Day event.
- Plan and coordinate group volunteer projects for corporate partners and civic and service groups.
- As part of volunteer team coordinate volunteer appreciation and stewardship events and activities.
- Conduct volunteer and intern exit and annual surveys and assist with writing annual progress report.
- Develop partnerships with community groups to establish a more reliable and diverse volunteer pool.
- Assist with publication of monthly volunteer e-newsletter
- Administrative duties:
- Respond to internal and external communication – phone and email – in a timely manner.
- Generate and maintain volunteer and project schedules.
- Participate and contribute to team meetings.
- AmeriCorps duties:
- Fulfill activities and service identified on the approved Member Service Plan and abide by the Member Participation Agreement.
- Attend trainings required by MCHS. Ride-share whenever possible.
- Reply to communication from MCHS staff in a timely manner.
- Collect and submit data required by MCHS by established due dates.
- Submit necessary paperwork for benefits and respond to inquiries.
- Wear their issued AmeriCorps name badge at all times while serving.
- Must attend AmeriCorps orientation and midterm training January 13-15, 2021.
- Must be able to handle the financial commitment made by accepting the position.
- Must be at least 17 years of age by September 13, 2021.
- Must have high school diploma or GED/HSED and agree to criminal background checks and Department of Motor Vehicles check.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to serve for the entire term and meet 1700 hrs.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Previous volunteer and non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Windows operating system, Microsoft office, and cloud based software.
- $6,345 education award upon completion of 1700 service hours.
- Full-time rate of bi-weekly living allowance - $580 (pre-tax)
- No-cost health, vision and dental insurance (if individual has no other insurance)
- Low-to no-cost child care assistance
- Forbearance on qualified student loans while serving and interest accrual payments Free service gear