Job Classification: Full-time 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt
- Collaborate with teaching staff in developing a welcoming environment and establishing lesson plans, scheduling, supervision, and classroom management to ensure program goals are met. Support children in their social-emotional development using multiple approaches including Conscious Discipline and positive guidance techniques.
- Create activities that introduce math and literacy concepts using a variety of approaches that encourage children to learn through curiosity, play exploration, and problem solving in a mixed aged classroom setting. Key into milestones children achieve, take notes, and log them according to Creative Curriculum expectations and perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Collaborate with teaching staff in developing participant assessments using strategies such as child observations, collecting of work samples, and taking pictures. Communicate child concerns and family needs to the ECE Program Manager as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Metropolitan Madison School District and early childhood staff to ensure shared space is respected and utilized effectively. Create a culturally inclusive classroom with activities that support different cultures and backgrounds.
- Observe children’s activities and progress; Manage Creative Curriculum in portfolios, Infinite Campus data collections, and required assessments of 4K children including PALS.
- Support physical activity and nutrition education efforts by assisting SPARK physical education with creating nutrition plans and healthy eating options to ensure children receive multiple activity times during the program day.
- Assist and participate in planning, organizing and the execution of program orientations, open-house, center-wide events and GCC wide family engagement programming while adhering to GCC standards and program guidelines and meeting all contract or grant obligations.
- Provide a supportive environment where children are encouraged to participate in a program as an individual or as of a group in classroom settings.
- Maintain organization, rotation of materials and regularly sanitize and clean classroom spaces and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain all assigned files, required paperwork, permissions slips and other approvals forms to ensure all children in program are tracked according to GCC expectations.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a preschool setting.
- Hold an Early Childhood license or an Elementary Education license that includes prekindergarten or kindergarten in the grade levels of the license.
- Meet the Early Childhood Registry requirements for one of the following levels: Levels 10-14
- At least a CDA Credential or preferably an associate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development or equivalent, or a baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development, or a degree in a related field with course work specifically related to early childhood education.
- Commitment to GCC’s mission to strengthening lives and securing futures; and values to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of resources in and around the Madison area including resources for childcare programs.
- Familiarity with State of WI Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations and City of Madison Accreditation Guidelines.
- Willingness to work during peak periods as required and available.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily.
- Ability to move, twist and bend regularly to perform with students or in moving classroom furniture.
- Ability to stand and work upright for entire scheduled shift.
- Familiar with Conscious Discipline and Creative Curriculum.
- Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Willingness to drive a 15 passenger van with children as passengers.