- Answer and route calls to the appropriate extension.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Provide information and answer general questions about the Center. Refer callers to services as appropriate.
- Courteously greet visitors, customers and participants in person.
- Enforce facility-use policies and respond to facility guest and staff questions as needed.
- Keep workstation and main lobby common areas organized and free of food and clutter.
- Provide customers and staff with commonly used forms and brochures.
- Process GCC program registrations – distribute appropriate forms to customers, receive payments when applicable and route completed registrations to appropriate staff.
- Sell GCC goods and services, and process payments and donations through Point of Sale system.
- Open and close cash drawer as described in POS procedures.
- Keep bulletin boards current and organized.
- Help train & direct volunteers to provide coverage or support at the desk.
- Arrive to open and/or stay until close and guests vacate GCC, as scheduled.
- Fitness Center:
- Provide membership information.
- Ensure all Lussier Fitness Center drop-in guests pay per use, and receive and return door fobs for each visit.
- Facility Use:
- Assist facility users by checking out/in equipment, answering questions about AV or other equipment, ensuring rooms are set up according to room diagrams and that proper signage is posted, processing payments, providing room-use policies and attendance forms, and providing facility users with materials and supplies when needed/available.
- Troubleshoot facility renter needs: HVAC, equipment & resources, custodial needs, payments, etc.
- Support Splash Pad when in season and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Answer questions and provide materials to customers inquiring about facility use and direct them to website and Events staff as appropriate.
- Support Hospitality Team. with data entry and other organizational tasks as requested and as time allows.
- Report and record any building issues (door locks and security, HVAC not functioning, spills and damage to GCC property, etc.) to appropriate departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of customers, volunteers, staff and participants you serve.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- At least six months’ experience working with multiline phone system.
- Experience with cash handling and POS systems.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Comfortable using various office equipment: postage meter, copier, fax and computer.
- Ability to work collectively and collaboratively with the Hospitality and Facilities teams.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Willingness to work during peak periods as required and available.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily.
- Ability to move, twist and bend regularly to perform job duties.
- Ability to stand and work upright for entire scheduled shift.
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting with a diverse customer base.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or ability to acquire certification.
- Current Bartenders license or ability to acquire one.
- Professional appearance