| Return to Postings
With final renovations of our Ironworks building and services now offered in three buildings: Ironworks, Brassworks and our gym we are hiring a full-time Maintenance Manager. This role is responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and mechanical systems are in good repair and fully functioning to support the work of staff and the experience of the customers who use the center. This is a hands-on Management role with a variety of work.
We opened the Ironworks doors in 2008 with 34,000 square feet of space, with classrooms, our food pantry, commercial kitchen and a variety of rooms available for use from small meeting rooms to classrooms to large areas suitable for wedding receptions. In addition to the historic Kupfer Ironworks building, the Center also includes the a 12,000 square foot gymnasium, an outside green, a splash pad and a direct connection to the Capital City Bike Trail. A year ago we completed restoring the historic facade of the original Madison Brass Works building just across the street, and built a total of over 30,000 square feet for education, employment and enrichment programming for youth and community rooms.
Applications preferred by September 4 but will be accepted until the role is filled.
Full-time Salaried Exempt
Supports the fulfillment of the mission, vision and values of the Goodman Community Center by overseeing the buildings and grounds of the center’s three buildings. Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and mechanical systems are in good repair and fully functioning to support the work of staff and the experience of the customers who use the center. This is a hands-on Management role with a variety of work. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Contribute to the creation and implementation of policies, processes and procedures to support the center’s mission and best practices in maintenance to create a safe and welcoming environment for all who use the Center.
- Manage routine preventative maintenance and develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule.
- Handle repairs in breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and equipment (including software programming of doors, and mechanical systems) and vehicles.
- Perform maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities, including splash pad, kitchen, grounds equipment, floor equipment and vehicles.
- Supervise the custodial and maintenance staff.
- Approve all time off requests and ADP Time Cards by required deadline.
- Complete all Manager/Supervisor responsibilities outlined in Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Set department objective CQI goals and review and assess ongoing performance.
- Provide technical expertise & training to the team.
- Manage the work order process and effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved and small projects.
- Schedule and oversee timely completion of maintenance and repair tasks.
- Manage and implement improvement plans to increase the site operational effectiveness.
- Work with the Director of Operations to establish standard building, grounds and vehicle policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and welcoming environment of the physical plant.
Implement and manage continuous improvement by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Manage the Hazard Communication Program and maintain all SDS documents. Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations.
- Participate in annual budget process and manage the approved maintenance budget to ensure appropriate and allowable expenditures. Work with the Director of Operations to prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all capital expenditures.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Manage all maintenance contracts and vendor contracts including cleaners, fire/sprinkler, HVAC services, trash service, snow removal, grease traps, mats/towels/aprons and support contractors while on site.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Provide on call support for after-hours emergencies.
- Minimum of three years supervisor and maintenance management experience.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to consistently respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, a calm and instructive demeanor.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Certified Pool Operator’s License (CPO) by NSPF.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in related field.
Special Position Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily.
- Ability to move, twist and bend regularly.
- Ability to continuously operate necessary cleaning & maintenance equipment (mechanical as well as manual equipment.
- Some evening and weekend hours. Respond to after-hour emergency calls. Cell phone provided by GCC.