- Complete room set-ups for meetings, special functions and events as diagrammed.
- Complete all tasks outlined on daily and weekly cleaning schedule including but not limited to:
- Vacuum all carpeted areas.
- Sweep and damp mop all floor surfaces.
- Clean and maintain building entryways and exits, keep doorways clear of debris and welcoming.
- Clean and restock restrooms (including toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, toilet partitions, floors and showers).
- Remove all trash, waste, and recyclables.
- Dust windowsills, window blinds, and other horizontal surfaces weekly.
- Clean and maintain common areas including water fountains and furnishings.
- Clean window and glass doors.
- Sweep and mop gymnasium floor.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Follows procedures for preventative maintenance and operation of basic cleaning equipment.
- Keep custodial closet in your area of responsibility clean and re-stock with all necessary supplies and equipment to perform your duties in an efficient manner.
- Follows basic cleaning procedures and proper use of chemicals.
- Reports security discrepancies or building issues to Facility Use Manager.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs basic mechanical equipment maintenance and repair as requested by Building Maintenance Manager or Director of Facilities Operations & Services.
- Performs snow removal and outdoor grounds maintenance as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned in support of programs and facility use.
- 6 months or more of previous custodial experience.
- Ability to stay focused on accomplishing set daily tasks and follow through on requests.
- Ability to read schedules, duties and room diagrams.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills to interact with all staff, volunteers and community members and ability to communicate effectively regarding the particular cleaning needs and requirements of various programs.
- Willingness to accept direction, advice and work as part of a team.
- Ability to continuously operate necessary cleaning equipment (mechanical as well as manual equipment), including but not limited to vacuum cleaner, mop, mop bucket, etc.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
Special Position Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds daily and push equipment up to 300 pounds.
- Ability to move, twist and bend regularly in order to set up room equipment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude toward providing a clean, attractive, healthy and safe environment.
- Ability to stand and work upright for entire scheduled shift.
- Basic computer skills- email.
- Experience training others in custodial duties.
- Experience setting up cleaning systems.
- Education or specialized mechanical systems or equipment training
Download full position description