- Follow policies and procedures of Goodman Community Center’s Childcare Program.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations and city accreditation standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and quarterly childcare meetings.
- Meet bi-weekly with classroom lead teacher and/or co-teachers to review plans for the following weeks.
- Carry out lesson plans and ensure all materials needed are accounted for.
- Assist with individual child portfolios throughout the school year making sure to include observations, work samples, pictures, etc.
- Respect confidentiality of GCC families and staff.
- Attend continuing education trainings to complete required hours.
- Record time daily through ADP timeclock, mobile application or website. Check timecard for accuracy and completeness every Monday morning.
- Check email regularly and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Assist classroom lead with lesson plan and schedule implementation, supervision, and management while supporting developmentally appropriate practice as well as program goals.
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment and complete daily tasks assigned.
- Participate in regular cleaning of materials and classroom spaces.
- Maintain classroom organization and rotate materials on a regular basis.
- Create a culturally inclusive classroom with activities that support different cultures and backgrounds.
Program for Children
- Ensure all children in program are tracked according to GCC expectations.
- Engage children as individuals in a way that allows them to grow at their own abilities.
- Work with the classroom lead to develop and maintain classroom curriculum.
- Support children in their social-emotional development using various approaches including Positive Behavior Supports and Conscious Discipline.
- Assist children in their homework completion and encourage literacy and math skill building.
- Support physical activity and nutrition education efforts by assisting with SPARK physical education activities, creating nutrition and healthy eating opportunities, and ensure time is allowed for children to be active during the program day.
- Maintain daily, open communication with parents.
- Frequently share child success stories and work samples. Assist lead teacher in support of keeping home, school, and after school in regular contact.
- Participate in parent meetings and scheduled orientations.
- Communicate child concerns and family needs to after school team.
- Participate regularly in family events sponsored by GCC and program partners.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Graduation from high school.
- Completed two non-credit department approves courses in early childhood education or two courses for credit in early childhood education (one broad based) or its equivalent from an institution of higher education.
- Experience working in an after school setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with State of WI Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations and City of Madison Accreditation Guidelines.
- Valid WI driver’s license with a clean driver’s license and willingness to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Download complete position description