- Recommends and pursues public and private grant opportunities for the organization that support both short-term and long-term strategies and initiatives and organization sustainability.
- Manages the public and private grant portfolio successfully, securing the organization’s single largest source of operating revenue.
- Develops and updates the annual grant development plan based on the organization’s strategic priorities and most recent funding available.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, and gathering and leveraging feedback from the intradepartmental Grants Team, which includes the Development and Program and Operations Departments.
- Identifies and communicates risks associated with grant proposals.
- Reviews and interprets funding solicitations and announcements from public and private funding sources and remains current on funding trends and themes.
- Managesproposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Serves as the expert on grant compliance and interpretation.
- Develops and implements operational policies on applicable compliance regulations.
- Provides training as it relates to grant administration and compliance regulations.
- Develops and implements policy regarding "due diligence" processes for any sub-grantee's ability to comply with grant requirements with a thorough review of all their financial and operational policies.
- Administers a grant management system and provides policy training to staff; writes new policy and standard operating procedures as required.
- Maintains grant data and communicates and resolves any issues, as necessary.
- Manages and leads the Grant Team to develop, write, monitor and evaluate grants.
- Manages the grant process by determining and communicating objectives, expected outcomes, and timetables, resources needed (staff and budget requirements).
- Performs advance management and analysis work related to grants management, compliance, and evaluation.
- Works with operations and program staff to establish grant performance and reporting measures.
- Collaborates with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Development Officer to send funders newsletters and other stewardship communication, and to promote on-site tours.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in grant writing, prospect research, and grant administration, or a minimum of 5 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of the needs of education, older adults, fitness, and other programs relevant to Goodman’s operations.
- Demonstrated success with writing for and being awarded grants that resulted in significant impacts on the organization being able to expand and/or develop mission driven programming.
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written.
- Exceptional research skills- demonstrated success with proposing and being awarded grant opportunities.
- Ability to understand the needs of GCC and align those needs with funding agencies.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills- the ability to manage competing deadlines and responsibilities.
- Project management and process improvement experience.
- Proficient with MS Office software, especially Word and Excel.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Commitment to Goodman’s mission and values.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Strong passion for the work that is accomplished within GCC.
- Ability and interest in developing a working knowledge of GCC’s daily operations, management, and leadership.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace and manage change.Ability to work cross functionally with other Goodman departments and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet the demands of the grant writing cycle.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time as necessary.
- Ability to work in multiple environments (i.e. Working in schools to develop opportunities, work station at GCC, and remotely as needed).
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.