Imagine a world where ALL girls believe that they have the right to:
- Be themselves and to resist gender stereotypes.
- Express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.
- Take risks, to strive freely, and to take pride in success.
- Accept and appreciate their bodies.
- Have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world.
- Prepare for interesting work and economic independence.
Girls Inc. is working to making that a reality. On this International Women's Day, make a gift to support girls in Madison as they grow as leaders.
“Girls deserve a space where they can feel able to be open and vulnerable, especially when they have other girls around them to support them.”
A Loving Offer to Match Your Gift
...in honor of sweet Lucy
A couple in our local community whose daughter Lucy passed away recently will match gifts up to $24,000 through the end of March – Women's History Month.
"We had hoped to raise Lucy with the same values and strengths that Girls Inc. provides for girls throughout our community. Since losing her, we have looked for ways for her impact on our lives to be translated to our community, and we are honored to work with Goodman to recognize her in this way."
– Lucy's parents
Please make your gift today, in honor of Lucy or in honor of a special girl in your life – or simply to help ensure more girls in our community get to become strong, smart and bold in Girls Inc.
Can you think of a better investment?
ilana natasha photography
Be a Champion for Girls
When you give to Girls Inc. of Greater Madison, you'll become a member of our Champions for Girls giving circle. And more importantly, you'll be supporting youth as they become STRONG, SMART and BOLD.Learn More
Youth who participate in Girls Inc. of Greater Madison...*
- Are happy with how their bodies look (79.5%)
- Like to try new things (75.8%)
- Are hopeful about their future (84.9%)
- Report that they have an adult in their life who believes they will be successful (95.8%)
- Have visited or plan to visit a college (83.4% of middle and high school youth)
- Believe they can use what they know to solve "real life" problems in their community (82.8%)
- Agree it's important to manage your money well (100%)
*Results of a 2019 survey of Girls Inc. of Greater Madison elementary, middle and high school participants.
“It gives me a thing that I feel like I can be a part of. There are so many people out in the world that can judge you but this is a welcoming thing.”
For more information about giving to Girls Inc. of Greater Madison contact:
Chief Development Officer