Fritz Food Pantry
Until the coronavirus is no longer a threat, The Fritz Food Pantry at the Center will distribute pre-packaged bags (mostly non-perishable items) outside in the Ironworks parking lot (149 Waubesa St.) during our regular pantry hours:
- Tuesday 9:30am – noon
- Wednesday 6pm – 8pm
- Thursday 12:30pm – 3pm
The Goodman Community Center offers a variety of programs designed to nourish our community. Our Fritz Food Pantry provides groceries for over 100 hungry households every week. We are committed to not only alleviating hunger, but also to providing people with healthy foods — fresh, local and organic — as much as we can. We also try to meet special dietary needs for low-sugar, low-salt and gluten-free foods.
The pantry is open three times a week and serves a warm, community meal as customers wait.
Our Food Pantry Coordinator is available to present to community groups, organizations or schools about access to healthy foods, nutirition and volunteer opportunities.
Make a Donation
* Now Accepting Community Food Donations! *
We have had many people reach out offering to help, and we're happy to announce that the Fritz Food Pantry at the Goodman Community Center is once again accepting community donations of dry and perishable foods, as well as personal care items. To make a gift:
- Come to the Ironworks building (149 Waubesa St.) Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm. (Please wear a mask and wash hands or use hand sanitizer.)
- Call the front desk when you arrive: 608.241.1574.
- Let them know you're here to drop off a donation, and someone will meet you at the front door with a food cart.
- Leave your food on the cart.
- Know that we are so very grateful for your generosity and support!
Your financial donation can also help keep our food pantry stocked.