Fritz Food Pantry
NOTICE OF CHANGES:
Effective Tuesday, March 17
The Fritz Food Pantry at the Center will distribute pre-packaged bags (mostly non-perishable items) outside in a drive-thru or walk-up fashion in the Ironworks driveway circle (149 Waubesa St.) during our regular pantry hours:
- Tuesday 9:30 a.m.– noon
- Wednesday 6 p.m.– 8 p.m.
- Thursday 12:30 p.m.– 3 p.m.
The Goodman Community Center offers a variety of programs designed to nourish our community. Our Fritz Food Pantry provides groceries for over 100 hungry households every week. We are committed to not only alleviating hunger, but also to providing people with healthy foods — fresh, local and organic — as much as we can. We also try to meet special dietary needs for low-sugar, low-salt and gluten-free foods.
The pantry is open three times a week and serves a warm, community meal as customers wait.
Food Pantry Coordinator, Erin Finn, is available to present to community groups, organizations or schools about access to healthy foods, nutirition and volunteer opportunities.
Items most needed
Grocery list: Items most needed
- Rice, pasta and gluten-free grains
- Cereals, high fiber/low sugar, oatmeal, and pancake mix
- Juices and non-dairy drinks
- Pasta sauce, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes (low sugar and gluten-free are welcomed)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Soups of all kinds, ramen and broth (lower sodium)
- Canned proteins such as beans, tuna salmon, sardines, chicken or peanut butter
- Convenience Meals (Mac & Cheese, pasta or rice packages, Chef Boyardee)
- Baking items: sugar, cooking oil, cake/muffin mix, etc.
- Healthy snacks such as granola or snacks bars, dried fruit, nuts and chips
- Personal care items like toothpaste/brushes, cotton balls, feminine products, shaving supplies, shampoo and soap.
- Vegetable oils such as olive, canola, sunflower, etc.
- Baby formula and diapers (all sizes)
- Household items (paper/plastic products, sanizer wipes, etc)
- Paper, plastic or fabric grocery bags
- Any seasonings or condiments
Where to bring pantry donations
You can drop off donations on the main lobby our donation rack.
Mon.-Thurs: 6am to 9pm
Fri.: 6am to 8pm
Your financial donation helps purchase fresh foods to include in our Food Pantry.