The City of Madison has planned to work on the roads surrounding the Goodman Community Center, starting April 18, 2022, and ending on or around Oct. 28, 2022. Parking will be limited on these streets during this time. Some streets may also be closed during construction.
Streets Under Construction
Roads that will be impacted:
- St. Paul Avenue between Corry Street and Jackson Street
- Lafollette Avenue between Waubesa Street and Ohio Avenue
- Talmadge Street from the cul-de-sac to St. Paul Avenue
- Ohio Avenue from the cul-de-sac to Bashford Avenue
- Jackson Street between St. Paul Avenue and Atwood Avenue
- Ohio Avenue between St. Paul Avenue and Atwood Avenue
- Ironworks building parking lot: Space in this lot is limited. Please be sure to leave handicap and older adult spaces for those who need them.
- St. Bernard's parking lot: Goodman has reserved visitor spaces in the northeast corner of the St. Bernard's Catholic Church parking lot. Please only park in the yellow stalls.
- Brassworks building parking lot: These spaces are reserved for Kipp employees until 5pm Monday through Friday. Guests are welcome to park in this lot outside of these hours.
- Corry Street and Waubesa Street: Make note of posted parking restrictions on these streets.
- St. Marquette Street: For those who are able, Marquette Street is s short walk from the Ironworks building via the Capital City Trail.
City of Madison Engineering
Find updates and more information about this construction project on the City of Madison's website.