Fritz Food Pantry
The Goodman Community Center offers a variety of programs designed to nourish our community. Our Fritz Food Pantry provides groceries for 75 to 100 hungry households every week. We are committed to not only alleviating hunger, but also to providing people with healthy foods — fresh, local and organic — as much as we can. And, we also try to meet special dietary needs for low-sugar, low-salt and gluten-free foods.
The Fritz Food Pantry at the Goodman Community Center is open during the following hours:
Tuesdays: 9:30 am-noon
The food pantry will be closed the week of Nov. 23 to accomodate our Thanksgiving Basket Drive.
You may visit our food pantry once a week. For your first visit, please bring identification for every adult in your household. The pantry can be very busy. Please be prepared for a bit of a wait until you are able to register and enter the pantry to choose your food. Thanks to dedicated volunteers, we are frequently able to serve brunch, lunch and dinner during food pantry hours.
For information on other food pantries in Dane County, visit the Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin's website.
Our food pantry stays stocked because of generous donation from people like you. We are always in need of shelf-stable food to help ensure that everyone in our community has nutritious food.
Here’s a list of foods that are popular:
- Rice, pasta and gluten-free grains
- Cereals, high fiber and low sugar, oat meal, and pancake mix
- Juices and non-dairy drinks
- Pasta sauce, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes (low sugar and gluten-free are welcomed)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Soups of all kinds, ramen and broth (lower sodium encouraged)
- Canned proteins such as beans, tuna salmon, sardines, chicken or peanut butter
- Convenience Meals (Mac & Cheese, pasta or rice packages, Chef Boyardee)
- Baking Items: sugar, cooking oil, cake/muffin mix, etc.
- Healthy snacks such as granola or snacks bars, dried fruit, nuts and chips
- Personal Care Items such as toothpaste/brushes, cotton balls, Q-tips, feminine products, shaving supplies, shampoo and soap.
- Vegetable oils such as olive, canola, sunflower, etc.
- Baby formula and diapers (all sizes)
- Household items (paper/plastic products, sanizer wipes, etc)
- Paper, plastic or fabric grocery bags
- Any seasonings or condiments
- Pet food
Organic products, gluten-free, low sodium and high-fiber items are greatly appreciated.
Where to bring pantry donations
You can drop off any donations on our donation rack, just off the main lobby. If you have a
Drop-off hours: Mon.-Thurs.: 6am to 9pm, Fri.: 6 am to 8pm and Weekends: 8:30am-6pm
The food pantry is almost always in need or regular, committed volunteers who can assist with checking customers in, shopping customers through the pantry, data entry, preparing pantry meals or joining our FOODworks program.
Every 1st Wednesday
Grampa's Pizzeria will donate 5% of their sales from the first Wednesday of each month to the Fritz Food Pantry at the Goodman Community Center! Stop by Grampa's to give a little extra and help support the over 100 families who shop our food pantry each week.
Grampa's Pizzeria is open Monday-Saturday from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Sundays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.