Fritz Food Pantry
The Goodman Community Center offers a variety of programs designed to nourish our community. Our Fritz Food Pantry provides groceries for 75 to 100 hungry households every week. We are committed to not only alleviating hunger, but also to providing people with healthy foods — fresh, local and organic — as much as we can. And, we also try to meet special dietary needs for low-sugar, low-salt and gluten-free foods.
The pantry is open three times a week and serves a warm, community meal as customers wait. The Fritz Food Pantry at the Goodman Community Center is open during the following hours:
Tuesdays: 9:30 am-noon
Food Pantry Coordinator, Jon Lica, is available to present to community groups, organizations or schools about access to healthy foods, nutirition and volunteer opportunities.
Free Community Sunday Brunch
The Goodman Community Center is hosting monthly free community meals through October. Each meal will focus on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. In addition to the meals, we will offer health and wellness activities as well as the opportunity to shop at our Fritz Food Pantry.
Dates: Sunday July 17, Aug. 14, Sept. 18 and Oct. 9.
Time: 10 a.m. to noon
All meals and activities are free to the public and will be offered to the first 250-300 guests. Each meal will focus on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. All meals and activities are free to the public and will be offered to the first 250-300 guests.
For more information about the specifics of each brunch, visit Goodman’s Facebook page at facebook.com/GoodmanCommunityCenterWI the week before the meal.
These meals are provided thanks to a SEED grant from the city of Madison. All meals will be prepared and served by a local chef and teens in our youth employment program, TEENworks.
You may visit our food pantry once a week. For your first visit, please bring identification for every adult in your household. The pantry can be very busy. Please be prepared for a bit of a wait until you are able to register and enter the pantry to choose your food. Thanks to dedicated volunteers, we are frequently able to serve brunch, lunch and dinner during food pantry hours.
For information on other food pantries in Dane County, visit the Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin's website.
Grocery list: Items most needed
- Rice, pasta and gluten-free grains
- Cereals, high fiber/low sugar, oatmeal, and pancake mix
- Juices and non-dairy drinks
- Pasta sauce, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes (low sugar and gluten-free are welcomed)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Soups of all kinds, ramen and broth (lower sodium)
- Canned proteins such as beans, tuna salmon, sardines, chicken or peanut butter
- Convenience Meals (Mac & Cheese, pasta or rice packages, Chef Boyardee)
- Baking items: sugar, cooking oil, cake/muffin mix, etc.
- Healthy snacks such as granola or snacks bars, dried fruit, nuts and chips
- Personal care items like toothpaste/brushes, cotton balls, feminine products, shaving supplies, shampoo and soap.
- Vegetable oils such as olive, canola, sunflower, etc.
- Baby formula and diapers (all sizes)
- Household items (paper/plastic products, sanizer wipes, etc)
- Paper, plastic or fabric grocery bags
- Any seasonings or condiments
Where to bring pantry donations
You can drop off donations on the main lobby our donation rack.
Mon.-Thurs: 6am to 9pm
Fri.: 6am to 8pm
Your financial donation helps purchase fresh foods to include in our Food Pantry.
Every 1st Wednesday
Grampa's Pizzeria will donate 5% of their sales from the first Wednesday of each month to the Fritz Food Pantry at the Goodman Community Center! Stop by Grampa's to give a little extra and help support the over 100 families who shop our food pantry each week.
Grampa's Pizzeria is open Monday-Saturday from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Sundays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.