An East Side Album: A Community Remembers available now!
This revised second edition, 162 pages, expands on the first with lots of new material about life on the east side in the last century.
- Where we gathered (our taverns, bowling alleys, restaurants and social clubs)
- Where we learned
- Where we worshipped
- How we raised our families
- The other east side (Ekin Park and Oscar Mayer area)
- Life through a child's eyes
- Who we knew
- Where we obtained our goods and services
- Where we worked
Created by the East Side History Club, written, researched and edited by Sarah White and Ann Waidelich, and published by the Goodman Community Center, all sales benefit the Goodman Community Center.
Purchase your copy locally at Olbrich Botanical Gardens Gift Shop, Rotunda Cafe at Schenks Corners or Ace Hardware on Williamson Street, $21.15 includes sales tax.
To have a copy mailed to you, email Ann Waidelich at email@example.com. $24.15 includes shipping and sales tax.
“If you want to know what the good old days were like on Madison's east side, read this book. It's full of mirth, memories, and great graphics.”